NutritioN label worksheet
All packaged foods are required to display a standardized nutrition label. This nutrition label contains information about the caloric content, amount of fat, protein, carbohydrates, and other required nutrients.
Examine the following nutrition labels and answer the questions.
1. How many calories would you take in if you ate the whole box of crackers in one sitting?
2. If you ate 2 servings of crackers, how many grams of carbohydrates would you get?
3. If each gram of carbohydrates provides 4 calories, how many calories would you take in by eating 2 servings of crackers?
4. If fat provides 9 calories per gram, how many calories would you get by eating 2 servings?
5. If you were to eat the entire can of soup, how much sodium would you consume? _____________________
6. If the recommended amount of sodium for someone with high blood pressure is 1500 mg/day, how much more than the recommended amount is present in this entire can?
7. How many servings of soup would I need to consume
20% of my daily requirement of fiber?
8. How many calories would that be?
*** This serving size is 1 ounce. An average bag of Doritos contains 16 ounces of chips, for a total of 16 servings per bag.***
9. How many calories would you consume if you ate the whole 16oz bag?
10. How many carbohydrates would you consume if you ate the whole bag?
11. What percentage is this of your daily intake of carbohydrates?
12. How much fat would you get from eating 5 servings of Doritos?
13. How much saturated fat would you get if you ate the whole bag?
***Assume the same sized bag – 16 servings per bag…***
14. How much saturated fat would you get from eating the whole bag of Baked Doritos?
15. How many carbohydrates would you get if you ate the entire bag?
16. How much less fat would there be in eating an entire bag of Baked vs. Regular chips?
18. What major nutrient increases per serving when comparing Baked vs. Regular chips?
Servings per container: 15
23. How many grams of carbohydrates would you take in if you split this shake with a friend?
24. How much of your daily intake of cholesterol does this shake provide?
25. Out of the total carbohydrates, what percentage comes from sugars?
19. How many calories would one cookie contain?
20. How much fat would there be in one cookie?
21. How much fat would you take in if you ate ½ of the bag?
22. What percent of your daily intake of sodium would you eat if you had 6 cookies?
McDonalds Triple Thick Shake, 32 fl oz
Serving Size: 888 (ml)
Amount per Serving
Calories 1110 Calories from Fat 240
% Daily Value * Total Fat 26g 40% Saturated Fat 16g 80%
Trans Fat 2g